Mackenzie Hughes LLP, one of the leaders in the Upstate New York legal community since 1884, has an opening for an experienced litigation paralegal. We provide a rewarding work environment with competitive salary and benefits.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the litigation process from commencement of litigation through settlement;
- Identification and drafting of legal pleadings of all types;
- Reviewing of files for outstanding discovery in preparation for court appearances, depositions and trial preparation;
- Proficiency in searching for and filing of documents with NYSCEF and CM/ECF;
- Assisting in trial preparation and evidentiary support including creating exhibits and charts, witness lists, and trial (evidence) binders;
- Calendaring and scheduling for attorneys including management and oversight of high volume litigation docket and associated spreadsheets;
- Correspondence/phone contact with court clerks, clients, witnesses, experts, etc.
- Obtaining and reviewing medical records;
- Reviewing of legal documents, memoranda, and other materials for accuracy, completeness, and conformance to court requirements;
- Tracing and recording billable hours and costs for each case
- Minimum 8 years of litigation paralegal experience;
- Proficient at utilizing Microsoft Office – Excel and Word;
- Extraordinary interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Ability to efficiently multitask and prioritize work;
- Ability to work independently and proactively;
- Working knowledge of Concordance, Relativity and LexisNexis a plus.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to: Mackenzie Hughes LLP, Attn: Human Resources, Mackenzie Hughes Tower, 440 South Warren Street, Suite 400, Syracuse, New York 13202