Mackenzie Hughes LLP, one of the leaders in the Upstate New York legal community since 1884, has an opening for an experienced litigation paralegal. We provide a rewarding work environment with competitive salary and benefits.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the litigation process from commencement of litigation through settlement;
- Identification and drafting of legal pleadings of all types;
- Reviewing of files for outstanding discovery in preparation for court appearances, depositions and trial preparation;
- Proficiency in searching for and filing of documents with NYSCEF and CM/ECF;
- Assisting in trial preparation and evidentiary support including creating exhibits and charts, witness lists, and trial (evidence) binders;
- Calendaring and scheduling for attorneys;
- Correspondence/phone contact with court clerks, clients, witnesses, experts, etc.
- Obtaining and reviewing medical records;
- Reviewing of legal documents, memoranda, and other materials for accuracy, completeness, and conformance to court requirements;
- Tracking and recording billable hours and costs for each case;
- Minimum 3 years of litigation paralegal experience;
- Proficient at utilizing Microsoft Office & Word;
- Extraordinary interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Ability to efficiently multitask and prioritize work;
- Ability to work independently and proactively;
- Working knowledge of Concordance a plus; and
- Working knowledge of LexisNexis a plus.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Mackenzie Hughes LLP
Attn: Human Resources
Mackenzie Hughes Tower
440 South Warren Street
Syracuse, NY 13202