Mackenzie Hughes acted as lead counsel in the restructuring of two prominent regional engineering firms, allowing them to branch into ancillary businesses and compete on a national level and a broader scale.
Central New York is home to many leading national and regional engineering companies, and we are proud that many of them are our clients. We’ve helped several of these firms right from their beginnings, counseling them as they built their practices and reputations to their current prominent levels. Engineering firms use us because they rely upon our history, evolving experience and unique insight in addressing the business and legal issues that affect them, and because we have repeatedly guided those firms to prosperity.
Our expertise covers all legal aspects of running an engineering business, including:
- Business structure and operating agreements
- Compliance with New York State Education Law
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Formation of affiliated entities (design-build, construction, property management)
- Acquisition and sale of “grandfather” licensed engineering companies
- Environmental compliance
- Labor and employment
- employment policies
- noncompete agreements and policies
- employment contracts
- labor relations
- employee discipline
- Trade secrets