We use cookies and related technologies to personalize and enhance your experience. By using this site you agree to the use of cookies and related tracking technologies.

Privacy Policy

OPT/CPT Training for Foreign Nationals

Foreign nationals enrolled in F-1 student status have the option of working in the United States by engaging in practical training during their academic program, or upon completing their program.  Practical training can provide valuable work experience by sharpening and adding to the skill set students acquire while enrolled in school.  There are two types of practical training available to F-1 students: curricular practical training (CPT), and optional practical training (OPT). Continue reading “OPT/CPT Training for Foreign Nationals”

US Department of Homeland Security Provides Work Authorization for Certain H-4 Spouses

U.S. businesses use the H-1B program to employ foreign workers in specialty occupations that require a Bachelor’s or higher degree and theoretical or technical expertise in specialized fields such as science, engineering and computer programming. In addition to specialty occupation workers, the H-1B classification applies to individuals performing services related to a Department of Defense cooperative research and development project or coproduction project, and individuals performing services of distinguished merit and ability in the field of fashion modeling. A H-4 visa, on the other hand, is a visa issued by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services to immediate family members (spouse and children under 21 years of age) of the primary H-1B visa holder. Continue reading “US Department of Homeland Security Provides Work Authorization for Certain H-4 Spouses”