Rebecca Alesi joined Mackenzie Hughes in September 2023 as an Associate in the Trusts and Estates department. She concentrates her practice in assisting with estate planning consultations, providing research analysis for complex estate and trust litigation matters, and counseling executors and fiduciaries with the administration of assets and the New York Surrogate’s Court procedures. In addition to estate work, she is also involved in Article 81 and Article 17A guardianship proceedings. Rebecca is knowledgeable in real estate transactions, contract negotiations, and family and matrimonial matters.
Due to a high volume of Mackenzie Hughes’ clientele having assets in both New York and Florida, Rebecca plans to sit for the Florida Bar Exam in February of 2024 to better assist in the estate planning process for ‘snowbird’ individuals.
While attending Hofstra Law School, Rebecca was the Senior Productions Manager for the Journal of International Business and Law and worked in the Robert W. Entenmann Veterans Clinic providing pro bono assistance to veterans in applying for disability and navigating discharge appeals.
In Rebecca’s free time she enjoys training for triathlons, and going for walks with her dogs, Lilly and Otto.
- Estate, Trust & Guardianship Litigation
- Estates, Trusts & Personal Planning
- Real Estate
- Wealth Management
- University of Massachusetts Amherst undergraduate.
- Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University. J.D.
- New York State Bar
- Florida State Bar (Pending)
- Schwartz Sladkus Reich Greenberg Atlas LLP, (NYC firm), trusts and estates
- Abrams Fensterman, LLP (Long Island firm), trusts and estates