Fred is a partner in the firm’s business department. His practice concentrates in commercial real estate, commercial lending, and residential real estate. Fred also represents planning and zoning boards concerning land use and zoning issues. He also counsels clients in the formation of business entities and represents clients in the purchase and sale of closely held businesses.
- Represented car dealerships in the acquisition, financing, and development of new dealerships
- Represented a client in the acquisition of several parcels of land for the development of a casino
- Represented a client in the acquisition, financing, and development of a major urban hotel
- Represented clients in the purchase and sale of golf courses
- Represented a client in the purchase and sale of a portable restroom business
- Board of Directors of Oakwood Cemetery
- Board of Directors of Mountain Goat Run Foundation, Inc.
- Board of Trustees of The Centers at St. Camillus
- Board of Directors of Syracuse Track Club, Inc.
- Colgate University, Cum Laude
- Syracuse University College of Law, Cum Laude
- New York State Bar
- United States District Court Northern District of New York
Frederick W. Marty has been elected to the partnership at Mackenzie Hughes LLP. Fred joined the firm’s business department in 2007. Fred’s practice concentrates in commercial lending, commercial real estate transactions, residential real estate transactions and development. He represents various municipal planning and zoning boards concerning zoning and land use issues. Fred also counsels clients…
In 1969, New York State enacted the New York State Industrial Development Agency Act which created industrial development agencies (“IDAs”). New York State created IDAs to promote the economic welfare, recreation opportunities and prosperity of the inhabitants of New York State. IDAs have traditionally provided financial assistance by offering exemptions from sales and use taxes,…
In New York State, sellers who convey an interest in real property are required to pay New York State real estate transfer tax. In the usual sale of real property, the real estate transfer tax is computed at a rate of $2 for each $500 of consideration or fractional part thereof. For example, in a…
When lenders modify the terms of a mortgage loan they should be careful to obtain the necessary consents from any junior lien holders and to record the necessary documents memorializing the modification. In general, under New York law successive mortgages on the same property are entitled to priority in the order in which their respective…