Mackenzie Hughes successfully defended a widely known Fortune 100 company in a complex government enforcement action involving air emissions trading. We also successfully obtained extensive insurance coverage for another major industrial manufacturer that is a defendant in a mass Superfund and toxic tort lawsuit in western New York.
Our attorneys have the experience and knowledge to help organizations and individuals eliminate or minimize potentially serious environmental liabilities, while proactively counseling them to keep them ahead of the constantly shifting regulatory landscape.
Our client list includes businesses ranging from Fortune 500 companies to sole proprietorships in such diverse fields as pharmaceutical and industrial manufacturing, engineering services, oil and gas development, remedial contracting, waste management, petroleum distribution, and mining. We also serve municipalities, financial institutions, insurance companies, trade associations, development agencies and individuals.
We have extensive experience in all areas of environmental and regulatory concern, including: state and federal Superfunds, solid and hazardous waste, air, water, pesticides, toxic torts, land use planning, zoning, and insurance coverage.
Some notable accomplishments:
- Successfully liened the New York State Superfund to obtain payment for remedial engineering services rendered by our client.
- Successfully defended a prominent manufacturing facility from federal enforcement of the “Community Right to Know” Act; counseled the company in implementing environmental auditing procedures to alleviate future regulatory exposure.
- Counseled a local municipality through investigation, remediation and marketing of several industrial brownfields.
- Successfully represented a major mining company through complex regulatory permit procedures.
- Negotiated favorable clean-up requirements for property needed by a bank for expansion.
- Negotiated remedial agreements for various corporate divestitures and acquisitions.
- Successfully defended a corporate manager against federal criminal charges relating to asbestos and the Clean Water Act.
SYRACUSE, NY – W. Bradley Hunt was recently elected to the partnership at Mackenzie Hughes LLP. Since joining the firm in 2004, Hunt’s practice has focused on business litigation and environmental and land use law. He has handled state and federal cases in both trial and appellate courts and has extensive experience in motion practice…Read more